Pages

Kale Chips

Friday, May 8, 2015



I'm such a snacker! It's been a hard habit to try and break but the 21 Day Fix meal plan has totally helped. BUT when I am feeling like I just need to munch on something, I always want something healthy on hand. Before I really investigated labels, I always used to munch on granola, cereals, or trail mix then I realized just how much sugar was added! I was basically a "health food" over eater (yes, that's totally possible). I love salty snacks too and I love me some crunch!

ENTER: KALE CHIPS!

Kale chips are super easy to make!

What you need: 
A bunch of kale
1 tbsp of olive oil
1/2 tsp of sea salt
optional: garlic or garlic salt

To make: 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Wash and dry kale 
Tear off leaves off of stem 
Cut or tear leaves into desired size of chips (they WILL shrink)
Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and toss around with hands
Spread kale on baking pan (with parchment paper)
Spread a dash more of salt over kale
Bake for 7-10 minutes (or until chips are crunchy)
Remove from oven and ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment