Pages

Thai Green Curry (Paleo-Friendly)

Monday, January 23, 2017


If you don't know, my husband and I spent 18 days in Thailand last October. When we got back, all I wanted was Thai food. The cool part about eating in Thailand, is that other than the rice, most of their meals are paleo friendly. Last time I did Whole30, I made a few Thai dishes, so I knew I had to make one this round. I adapted this Thai green curry from various recipes that I found and I'm obsessed.

Serves: 2
Prep & cook time: 25 minutes

What you need: 
- 2 6-8 oz filets of salmon
- about 2 cups of sliced mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- 13.5 oz can Thai Kitchen coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Thai Kitchen green curry paste
- 2 heads of baby boy choy, chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- sale & pepper
- spices: basil, garlic, ginger (better fresh, but if not, that's okay)

To make: 
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Place salmon on tinfoil. Rub olive oil evenly on salmon and dash salt & pepper
3. Bake for 12-15 minutes
4. Chop veggies
5. In a pan, heat 2 tbsp olive oil and sauce veggies
(for about 4 minutes, until tender)
6. Add the 2 tbsp of the green curry paste and let cook for another 2 minutes

7. Bring stove top to a low heat, add coconut milk
8. Remove salmon from oven
9. Spoon some sauce onto plate, add salmon, then add more sauce and veggies
That's it! 

You could easily substitute the salmon with eggplant (for a vegetarian/vegan option), or chicken if you're not a salmon fan. 

For more recipes like this, be sure to follow me on Facebook and share with your friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment