Pages

My First RunDisney Race

Wednesday, May 10, 2017



Last year, I ran my first RunDisney race. I did the Star Wars Inaugural 10K. 
To my surprise, I really enjoyed the expo the day before the race. We picked up my packet and they had a ton of vendors and photo ops. 


We stayed the night at a value resort, which I totally recommend. This would probably be the only time I'm advocating for a value resort. We rarely used it. I went to bed early to prepare for my early wake up call and we obviously didn't use it much at all the day we checked out, so for the price you pay, I think it's way to go for RunDisney races. I would also like to note that if you're doing a race, please please please find a way to stay on property. Waking up any earlier than I had to, just wouldn't have happened and traffic would've stressed me out. 
When you stay at a Disney resort, you just walk to the front of the resort, while fun music is playing,  you'll find tons of other runners dressed in fun costumes, half asleep, it's pitch black out, and everyone is in a daze...but so excited, because it's like 3:30am. You board a bus and get taken to the start line. 

Find your corral. 
Fireworks and all and you're anxious and ready to run. 
So many selfies. 
Too many selfies? Maybe.
Eh, whatever. 
Finished! 
No Disney race would be complete without Mickey...or Simba waffles. 
This was one of the most magical meals I've had on property (and I've had a lot of meals at Disney). 
The chef came out (as they always do when you mention you need gluten free), and this chef took it to another level. He made my perfect dairy-free veggie omelet with gluten-free waffles, brought them to our table (it was quick service, where they don't serve you), then chatted. 
It was so great. 

Want RunDisney tips?
I highly recommend finding a training track to follow. If you're starting out, Couch to 5K is great, there is a ton on the RunDisney website, and there's accountability everywhere (which is the only way I would've become a successful runner). I've even got a free RunDisney training group on FB. Let me know if you want in!
Got any questions, ask away!
I'd love to hear about your RunDisney experiences too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment