Pages

Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

I used to be a picky eater. I began to fall in love with clean eating 
after I found recipes that I enjoyed. SO many people I speak with have decided 
upfront that they don't like
 kale, brussel sprouts, eggs, you name it! 
All I can say from experience is never say never!

Here's my simple roasted brussels sprouts recipe:
Makes: 6 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes; Cook time: 45 minutes

What you need: 
3 tbs of olive oil OR coconut oil
6 cups or 1.5 lbs. or brussels sprouts
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper

How to make it: 
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
2. Wash brussels sprouts
3. While that is heating, chop brussel sprouts in halves
4. Place chopped sprouts, along with oil, salt, and pepper in a 
resealable bag, seal tightly, shake to coat
5. Place sprouts on baking sheet 
6. Roast in oven for 30-45 minutes
7. Be sure to shake pan every 10 minutes or so for even browning
8. You'll know they're done when brussel sprouts are a dark brown
The benefits of brussels sprouts include excellent levels of vitamin C and vitamin K. 
There are moderate levels of B vitamins. 

Enjoy your greens! 

No comments:

Post a Comment