Pages

Beauty is Found Within

Sunday, April 2, 2017




This is not my normal post, so if you're oppose to magic and all things Disney, just move along. So, like every girl who grew up in the 90's, I was obsessed with Beauty and the Beast. I related to Belle as a child...she desired adventure, she was seen as "odd", she was a brunette (unlike many of the other princesses), she was different than the other girls, she was brave, and she didn't just fall for any guy.

Here's proof: 

 If you haven't seen the live action Beauty and the Beast, GO see it. 

The movie surpassed my expectations. If you didn't already know that I'm Disney obsessed, then you don't know me. I have never cared for Cinderella but I saw the live action in the theatre, because at the time, I was a cast member at Walt Disney World and I went with friends. To my surprise, I loved it. 
When it was announced that Emma Watson would play Belle, I just couldn't get Hermione out of my head (I too, am a Harry Potter fan). When still shots started rolling out of the enchanted characters, I wasn't impressed. I was just nervous it wouldn't live up to the hype. I was wrong. I saw it twice opening weekend, and a third time this past week -- yep, I'm that girl, and I haven't stopped playing the soundtrack since.

Here are some of my favorite things about the live action film: 
SPOILER ALERT

1. You might not have noticed, but the two people helping the Prince getting ready during the Prologue are Lumiere and Cogsworth (in human form). 
2. Belle appeared to be much more brave. 
(Also, those outfits of hers...I want all of them!)
3. Maurice talks slightly more about Belle's mom and describes her as 'fearless'. I love that it's the one thing that Belle has to hold on to. 

4. This quote added to the updated song, "Belle": 


5. I truly despise Gaston. I never understood the draw to him. I thought Luke Evans and Josh Gad portrayed the perfect Gaston and Le Fou...like, somehow better than the cartoon.
6. Because they decided to not make Maurice an inventor, they still showed creativity and invention with Belle (making the laundry "machine").
7. THIS QUOTE: "Can anyone be happy if they aren't free?"
You guys. This. This. This. 

8. EVERMORE. This song brought more of a broadway musical feel to it and I can't get enough of it. 
9. I love how they slightly change the way Belle disposes of her yellow gown on the way back to the castle after rescuing Maurice. 
10. The reuniting scene was fantastic. The entire Potts family! The villagers remembering the castle! The castle transforming into it's original, beautiful exterior. 

I'm glad they answered questions I've had since 1991: 
- Where did her mom go? answered.
- Why do those in the provincial town know nothing about this mysterious castle? answered. 
- Where is Chip's dad? answered. 
- Why are some household items not enchanted? answered.

Questions I still have: 
1. Why did Belle STILL not get to eat during 'Be Our Guest'? not answered. 
2. What's with the Taj Mahal in 'Be Our Guest'? No one, even on the interwebs has answered this. 
Literally, that's it. 

Have you seen it? Did you love it? 


No comments:

Post a Comment