Pages

How To Eat Healthy Out: Chipotle Edition

Thursday, August 27, 2015


The question I get asked most often when challengers are trying to make healthy choices with their nutrition is, how do I eat out and not monitor ingredients/portion sizes? In honor of Taco Tuesday, I'll breakdown Chipotle, 21 Day Fix options. 
I always start by getting a salad. 
As far as your containers go, you have options for.....

YELLOW:  
rice
corn
beans (black or pinto)
tortilla shell
chips

BLUE:
cheese
avocado
sour cream

RED: 
barbacoa 
chicken
steak
pork carnitas

GREEN: 
lettuce
veggies

Let's be real, we know that their avocado is straight from Heaven, but it also costs extra. If you decide on guac, get it on the side in a container or they'll automatically plop 5 of those blue containers on your meal before you know it. 

I always have them load up on veggies and I usually get the chicken. 
Skip the sugary dressing and load it was tomatoes (mild). 

My typical order is a salad with: 
light black beans
chicken
a ton of veggies
mild salsa
light corn
guac

My rule of thumb is, the more green, the better. 

Without the guac, this is still a full meal, trust me. I used to leave Chipotle feeling like I was going to explode from a burrito bowl (without even finishing it), now I leave feeling great and happy (especially, now that they're GMO free)! I'm not sure about you, but a lot of times, I'll just carelessly eat what's in front of me, if you order smaller portions up front, you'll eat less!

No comments:

Post a Comment